TM Operative (full warrant)
This is the full, or “practicing”, TMO workshop which along with the TMO-NP replaces the old Traffic Controller (TC) course.
It is also the point at which those holding a Traffic Controller (TC) qualification enters the new Training and Competency model when needing to refresh their qualification.
It is assessed through Unit Standards 31960 and is a Waka Kotahi NZTA-warranted qualification.
Who is it for ?
Any new worker who will be required to:
- mind a worksite in the absence of the STMS
- need to set up a worksite where TTM is clear of the live lane
- undertake a roadside activity (on 60km/h or less road) where the vehicle is legally parked and accessed from the non-traffic side
- complete an inspection activity.
And/or any person who is intending to move on to be:
- an onsite STMS on category A, B or C road environments
- Traffic Operations Manager
- TTM Mentor, TTM Assessor, TTM Trainer or TTM Planner
- TMP Approver, TTM Auditor, Traffic Management Coordinator or Corridor Manager.
Any there any prerequisites ?
The TMO-NP course.
Half a day.
What does it teach you to do ?
The TMO warrant enables the holder, once briefed by the STMS in charge, to:
On category A roads:
- Undertake specific roadside activity where the vehicle is legally parked and accessed from the non-traffic side
On category A and B roads:
- Set up, maintain and remove TTM for roadside or shoulder activities where all TTM equipment (including TTM vehicles) is outside the edgeline (or edge of seal if there is no edgeline)
- Maintain TTM at an existing static worksite when the in charge STMS is away from the worksite. The STMS must return to the worksite to carry out any required changes
- Complete inspection activities anywhere in the road reserve (with some limitations – see CoPTTM)
On category C roads:
- Undertake Inspection activities in the berm only
Note: The TMO warrant enables the holder to be in charge of and undertake inspection activities. They will not have to report to an STMS for the Inspection activity.
This course is run on demand. Please contact us for more information.