TM Operative – Practicing/Full warrant
This is the full, or “practicing”, TMO workshop which along with the TMO-NP replaces the old Traffic Controller (TC) course.
It is also the point at which those holding a Traffic Controller (TC) qualification enters the new Training and Competency model when needing to refresh their qualification.
It is assessed through Unit Standards 31960 and is a Waka Kotahi NZTA-warranted qualification.
Who is it for ?
Any worker who will be required to:
- mind a worksite in the absence of the STMS
- need to set up a worksite where TTM is clear of the live lane
- undertake a roadside activity (on 60km/h or less road) where the vehicle is legally parked and accessed from the non-traffic side
- complete an inspection activity.
And/or any person who is intending to move on to be:
- an onsite STMS on category A, B or C road environments
- Traffic Operations Manager
- TTM Mentor, TTM Assessor, TTM Trainer or TTM Planner
- TMP Approver, TTM Auditor, Traffic Management Coordinator or Corridor Manager.
Any there any prerequisites ?
The TMO-NP course.
Half a day per Category of road (A/B/C).
What does it teach you to do ?
The TMO warrant enables the holder, once briefed by the STMS in charge, to:
On category A roads:
- Undertake specific roadside activity where the vehicle is legally parked and accessed from the non-traffic side
On category A and B roads:
- Set up, maintain and remove TTM for roadside or shoulder activities where all TTM equipment (including TTM vehicles) is outside the edgeline (or edge of seal if there is no edgeline)
- Maintain TTM at an existing static worksite when the in charge STMS is away from the worksite. The STMS must return to the worksite to carry out any required changes that affect the live lane
- Complete inspection activities anywhere in the road reserve (with some limitations).
On category C roads:
- Undertake Inspection activities more than 2m from the edgeline or edge of seal.
Note: When undertaking inspection activities, the TMO will not have to have an STMS available.
While this course is run on demand, these are constantly being planned, so please contact us for available dates in your area.
Note we provide very cost-effective options for these courses – don’t get “stung” by unnecessary vehicle charges!
We can provide all required equipment and vehicles at minimal cost (or you can provide your own vehicles and crew). What’s most important is that you receive a highly professional assessment to ensure that you are safe to operate on the road reserve.